Starting in early 2023 – the newly formed non-profit organization Grande Prairie Regional Latin Association is dedicated to celebrating and promoting Latin culture, heritage, and traditions within the community of Grande Prairie. Their mission is to foster cultural exchange, diversity, and inclusivity by offering engaging programs and events that showcase the richness of Latin American arts, music, dance, cuisine, and history.
Still in its early stages, the Latin Association is eager to engage with the community Representative Braulio Molina stated, “We plan to participate in local multicultural festivals and events, showcasing the diversity and contributions of Latin culture. Collaborate with other community organizations, such as the Cultural Diversity Alliance, to co-create inclusive events celebrating different cultures and traditions. And partner with local businesses and sponsors to support our events and enhance community outreach.”
In the future, the organization plans to provide a range of programs and services that cater to the diverse needs of the community, such as:
- Host an Annual Latin Festival: A vibrant and immersive event celebrating Latin Culture through music, dance, food, and art.
- Welcome new Latin Community Members to the Grande Prairie Region.
- Offer Dance Workshops: Interactive workshops allow residents to learn
- Latin dance styles such as Salsa, Tango, Cha-Cha, Mambo, Bachata and more.
- Hold Art and Cultural Exhibitions: Showcasing Latin American art, crafts, and cultural displays to promote cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Introduce educational sessions and talks to raise awareness about Latin American history, traditions, and contemporary issues.
The Grande Prairie Regional Latin Association has an exciting road ahead. For more information about this organization, visit their Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/125226027539021/?mibextid=lURqYx or email email@example.com.
The Association’s board and staff would like to thank the Grande Prairie Regional Latin Association for being a member of our Association.
Disclaimer of Liability: This page contains links to third-party service provider websites. Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations is not responsible and assumes no liability for the content or materials available on any linked third-party sites.