The Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
COMMITTEE MEMBER OVERVIEW
You are passionate about the breast cancer cause, well-connected in your community, and enjoy event planning. The ideal candidate for this volunteer role has a positive attitude, communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of self-motivation and time management.
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following responsibilities is considered an asset.
As the volunteer Run Director, Logistics you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and guidance to your team of Logistics volunteers (4-6 people, depending on site size).
- Supporting the Logistics Leads in developing local event plan
- Ensuring all important Logistics tasks are completed as per the timeline outlined in the critical path.
- Overseeing the executing of all logistics for set up, event day and teardown.
- Working to ensure your event meets local revenue and participant targets.
- Co-hosting committee meetings with your fellow Run Director, Community Engagement.
- Meeting regularly with your CCS staff partner and Run Director, Community Engagement.
- Reviewing the CIBC Run for the Cure Minimum Standards and ensure all committee initiatives abide by CCS best practices.
- Supporting the interviewing and onboarding of new Logistics volunteers.
- This is a 6-month commitment (May through October).
- Attending local committee meetings (bi-weekly to monthly).
- Independent role work/responsibilities (approx. 2-4 hours per month).
- Must be available over the event weekend (September 30 & October 1).
Join the CIBC Run for the Cure today and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by breast cancer.
Must be 18+ to apply and complete the Canadian Cancer Society code of conduct.