The Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
COMMITTEE MEMBER OVERVIEW
You are passionate about the breast cancer cause, well-connected in your community, and enjoy event planning. The ideal candidate for this volunteer role has a positive attitude, communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of self-motivation and time management.
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following responsibilities is considered an asset.
As the volunteer Communications Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Building and executing a local marketing and media relations plan to promote the CIBC Run for the Cure across multiple channels, using CCS and CIBC-approved materials.
- Ensuring all locally driven marketing, communications, and branding abide by the CIBC Run for the Cure Visual Identity Guidelines (VIGs) and CCS Writing Manual.
- Leveraging the Media Toolkit to promote the CIBC Run for the Cure to local media outlets.
Developing a social media strategy to promote the CIBC Run for the Cure, in collaboration with the Social Media Coordinator (if applicable).
- Ensuring all social media responsibilities are completed if the Social Media Coordinator role remains vacant.
- This is a 6-month commitment (May through October).
- Attending local committee meetings (bi-weekly to monthly).
- Independent role work/responsibilities (approx. 2-4 hours per month).
- Must be available over the event weekend (September 30 & October 1).
Join the CIBC Run for the Cure today and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by breast cancer.
Must be 18+ to apply and complete the Canadian Cancer Society code of conduct.