Wellspring Alberta is building a team of passionate community connector volunteers to help raise awareness of Wellspring throughout Alberta with the goal of building localized cancer support communities, so that no one in Alberta has to face cancer alone. Community Connectors are the voice of their local communities, and are responsible for building relationships, as well as providing ideas, feedback, and recommendations to Wellspring to help further support individuals and their families who are living with the impact of a cancer diagnosis.
- Be an ambassador for Wellspring Alberta by sharing Wellspring’s mission, vision, programs, and services within your community.
- Build awareness of Wellspring in your community by distributing brochures and posters, attending information booths, delivering presentations, and talking to healthcare providers and community members.
- Assist patients, caregivers, and family members in registering as a Wellspring member and into programs.
- Conduct new member welcome calls and support people in accessing resources within Wellspring and the greater cancer community.
- Help build local connections and relationships on behalf of Wellspring to assist with building localized cancer support communities.
- Support Wellspring programing online and/or in-person.
- Liaise with Wellspring team lead to pass on identified gaps, opportunities, ideas and needs on behalf of the local community.
- Assist with identifying local support services that should be added to our Wellspring additional resource page.
- Complete Wellspring admin processes as necessary. • Attend community connector meetings (held via zoom every 2 weeks) – required.
- Attend peer support meetings (held every 2 weeks) – optional; for additional learning and training.
- This volunteer position is not responsible for leading Wellspring programs.
Completions of three training sessions (including in-home and online facilitated learning).
Welcome call training.
Participation in a minimum of three Wellspring programs and a peer support phone call.
Ongoing in-service training as offered.
Sign-off on Wellspring Alberta Code of Conduct and Confidentiality agreements.