The Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
COMMITTEE MEMBER OVERVIEW
You are passionate about the breast cancer cause, well-connected in your community, and enjoy event planning. The ideal candidate for this volunteer role has a positive attitude, communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of self-motivation and time management.
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following responsibilities is considered an asset.
As the volunteer Hope Engagement Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a Participant of Hope outreach strategy to increase participation.
- Creating a meaningful and memorable event experience for Participants of Hope
- Designing a fun, engaging, and inclusive Hope Lounge, in collaboration with the Run Day Experience Lead and Corporate Outreach Lead.
- Communicating with registered Participants of Hope throughout the event season.
- Identifying Participant of Hope storytellers and/or spokespeople.
- Connecting with the Metastatic Breast Cancer (mBC) Team in your local community
Participants of Hope include breast cancer survivors, people living with breast cancer, people living with metastatic breast cancer (mBC), and those who carry a genetic risk for the disease (BRCA1 or BRCA2).
- This is a 6-month commitment (May through October).
- Attending local committee meetings (generally bi-weekly to monthly).
- Independent role work/responsibilities (approx. 2-4 hours per month).
- Must be available over the event weekend (September 30 & October 1).
Join the CIBC Run for the Cure today and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by breast cancer.
Must be 18+ to apply and complete the Canadian Cancer Society code of conduct.