The Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
COMMITTEE MEMBER OVERVIEW
You are passionate about the breast cancer cause, well-connected in your community, and enjoy event planning. The ideal candidate for this volunteer role has a positive attitude, communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of self-motivation and time management.
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following responsibilities is considered an asset.
As the volunteer Registration Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Run Director, Logistics in keeping track of the budget.
- Supporting the T-Shirt Pick-Up Coordinator with T-shirt pick up on event day and early T-shirt pick-up (if necessary).
- Training registration volunteers and oversee them on event day.
- Setting up, tearing down, and event day supervising of the Registration tent.
- Supplying all paperwork to CCS staff partner post-event.
- This is a 6-month commitment (May through October).
- Attending local committee meetings (bi-weekly to monthly).
- Independent role work/responsibilities (approx. 2-4 hours per month).
- Must be available over the event weekend (September 30 & October 1).
Join the CIBC Run for the Cure today and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by breast cancer.
Must be 18+ to apply and complete the Canadian Cancer Society code of conduct.