The Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
COMMITTEE MEMBER OVERVIEW
You are passionate about the breast cancer cause, well-connected in your community, and enjoy event planning. The ideal candidate for this volunteer role has a positive attitude, communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of self-motivation and time management.
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following responsibilities is considered an asset.
As thevolunteer Volunteer Engagement Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside all committee leads determining volunteer requirements for event day.
- Supporting Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator to determine potential ways to recruit event day volunteers.
- Supporting Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator to actively promote the volunteer needs within your community.
- Contacting all potential volunteers and scheduling them accordingly.
- Managing volunteer check in for set-up and event day.
- Overseeing all event day volunteers on event day.
- This is a 6-month commitment (May through October).
- Attending local committee meetings (bi-weekly to monthly).
- Independent role work/responsibilities (approx. 2-4 hours per month).
- Must be available over the event weekend (September 30 & October 1).
Join the CIBC Run for the Cure today and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by breast cancer.
Must be 18+ to apply and complete the Canadian Cancer Society code of conduct.