The Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations (the Association) is governed by a Board of Directors. The Directors are community residents with an interest in the Association who are elected at an Annual General Meeting. The Executive Committee of the Board is formed by a representation of the elected Directors and consist of a Board Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. In addition there are two standing committees of the Board: Board Finance Committee and Board Governance Committee. Sub committees may be formed from time to time based upon need.
2023-2024 Board of Directors
President – Phil Linfield
Vice President – Chandra Oliver
Treasurer – Brandon Mann
Secretary – Amara Ijomah
Director – Steve Madden
Director – Heather Llewellyn
Director – Mark Woods
Director – Karen McGriskin
Past President – Robin Derksen
Our Board of Directors follows the governance board model, their primary role is one of oversight, leadership, direction and policy. Day to day responsibility of managing the organization is delegated to the Executive Director who reports to the Board of Directors at the regular monthly meeting.
- Executive Director
- Operations Manager
- Sector Support Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Communications Specialist
- Capacity Development Coordinator
- Resource Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- 2 x Project Facilitators
- Employment Coordinator
- Project Assistant
Our Leadership and Staff – Core Competencies
- Strive to create an environment where every member of the organization is valued, respected, recognized and rewarded for their efforts and are encouraged to contribute to the success of the organization.
- Promote strategic and critical thinking.
- Show pride, enthusiasm and dedication in everything that they do.
- Promote a love of learning and discovery for themselves and each other.
- Are challenged to leave a lasting legacy of the work and programs that we deliver.
- Are not afraid to try new things.
- Think outside the box and exercise their curiosity to make meaningful productive change.
- Look at challenges and opportunities from new angles to find solutions to problems.
- Provide professional, effective and responsive services that respect and reflect our corporate culture and values.
- Express their ideas and messages with clarity, accuracy, coherence, expertise and appropriateness while maintaining a productive and enjoyable exchange of ideas.