Annual Memberships Now Available!
12 Month Memberships for local charities and non-profits is currently free!
The Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations provides advisory and support services to its Member Agencies and the non-profit sector in Northwestern Alberta.
We work to enhance community agencies’ overall management skills and opportunities by providing support, training, and professional development for their leadership and staff based on identified needs within the community.
The Association also collaborates and works collectively with other agencies and individuals on common concerns to the non-profit sector in the City of Grande Prairie and the surrounding area
LEADERSHIP SUPPORT & TRAINING
Three (3) free workshops for up to two (2) participants from your organization! That’s a $300 value!
Professional Development – affordable member pricing for workshops that focus on transferable skills in areas such as:
- Diversity & Inclusion Training
- Grant Writing
- Risk Management
- Financial Development Training
- OH&S Services
- Communication Training
- Volunteer Database
- Information Technology & Social Media
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Service
- Professional Boundaries
- Time Management
- Project & Meeting Management
- Financial Development
- Volunteer Management
On-Site or Zoom Conference Training
- On-site or Online training for your team is available at your location
Board Governance Training
- On-site training and support for board members.
Policy and Procedural Development –
- Free access to our templates, resources and organizational support
- By-Law and policy development
- Strategic planning support
Train the Trainer
- Executive level training for management.
Professional advisory and support!
Grant Writing Research and Support
- Grant Writing workshops to educate your staff and ensure you have the right information to successfully secure funding
- Expert review of your completed grant proposals
- Streamline your grant research with access to Grant Connect, an online database of all available funders from Imagine Canada
- Complimentary access to Grant Connect saves your organization thousands of dollars in subscription costs each year
Executive Director Network Meetings
- Networking opportunities and collective support for Executive Directors of member organizations
Programs Coordinator Network Meetings
- Networking opportunities and collective support for program managers and volunteer coordinators of member organizations
- Short-term support of your organization through an interim management team to meet your goals and increase organizational effectiveness
Connect with volunteers in our community!
Access to Volunteer Database
- FREE listing of volunteer opportunities on our website
- Members can login to manage and update their volunteer opportunities as required
Volunteer Recognition Awards
- Leaders of Tomorrow Awards – Youth Ages 13-18
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Corporate Volunteer of the Year Award
- Outstanding Citizens Awards
Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Invitation to join in National Volunteer Week activities
- Invitation to the International Volunteer Day Celebration Breakfast featuring our Annual Volunteer Recognition Awards listed above
Volunteer Recognition Programs
- Tim Hortons Volunteer of the Week
- Tim Hortons Volunteer of the Month
Save money for your organization!
FREE Use of Meeting Rooms
- Two (2) classrooms
- After-hours access available
- Meeting rooms are equipped with a computer and smart board. Just bring your USB!
FREE Use of Presentation Equipment
- Equipment includes projectors, laptops, and screen
- A $20.00 deposit is required for the use of presentation equipment
FREE Loan of Library Resources
- Loan of books and resources on various volunteer and non-profit related topics
- Access to online member resource library at volunteergp.com/services/resources
FREE Access to Adobe Acrobat Pro & High-Volume Scanning
- Fully unlocked suite of Adobe Acrobat functionality
- Access to multi-page setup for large applications
- High-volume scanner to make scanning large documents simple and easy
AFFORDABLE Printing and Copying
- Printing and copying service invoiced to you as you need it
- B&W and colour printing and copying are available
- Laminating and Binding Services
FREE use of Mailing Address and Mail Collection
- Ability to use our mailing address in lieu of a PO Box if your organization has no set address
- Secure mail collection at our office for pick up at your convenience
AFFORDABLE Hot Desks
- Rent a desk for those who travel frequently or do not have a regular office space
Affordable Storage Space
- Store your important documents and items in a secure place
PROMOTION AND ADVERTISING
Share your events and make connections!
Meet Me at the Mall
- Members receive a half-day promotional spot at the Prairie Mall’s Community Booth to highlight their agencies. Meet Me at the Mall runs twice a year.
Promotion of Member Events
- Events listed on the Association’s Community Calendar at www.volunteergrandeprairie.com/events
Social Media Network Promotions
Promotion of your events on our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Tumblr pages. (Reach of over 9,000 across all platforms.
FREE Membership Profile
Logo and link to your website on the “Our Members” section of our website
Highlight of your organization in our Member Spotlight which provides information about our outstanding members! Check out Member Spotlights.