Annual Memberships Now Available!
12 Month Memberships for local charities and non-profits in 2021 is free! Members who already paid for 2021 will receive 12 months free when their current membership is up.
The Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations (the Association) provides advisory and support services to Member Agencies and the non-profit sector in Northwestern Alberta. We work to enhance the overall management skills and opportunities of community agencies by providing support, training and professional development for their leadership and staff based on identified needs within the community.
The Association also collaborates and works collectively with other agencies and individuals on matters of common concern to the non-profit sector in the City of Grande Prairie and surrounding area.
Three (3) free workshops for up to two (2) participants from your organization! That’s a $300 value!
Professional Development – affordable member pricing for workshops that focus on transferable skills in areas such as: Grant Writing • Risk Management • Organizational Change • Finance & Accounting • Marketing • Community Relationships • Project & Meeting Management • Professional Communication Skills • Volunteer Management • Information Technology & Social Media • Customer Service • Time Management • Professional Boundaries.
On-Site Training – Training for your team available at your location, at your convenience.
Board Governance Training – On-site training and support for board members.
Policy and Procedural Development – Free access to our templates, resources and organizational support. By-Law and policy development and Strategic planning support.
Train the Trainer – Executive level training for management.
Professional advisory and support!
Grant Writing Research and Support
- Grant Writing workshops to educate your staff and ensure you have the right information to successfully secure funding
- Expert review of your completed grant proposals
- Streamline your grant research with access to Grant Connect, an online database of all available funders from Imagine Canada
- Complimentary access to Grant Connect saves your organization thousands of dollars in subscription costs each year
Executive Director Network Meetings
- Networking opportunities and collective support for Executive Directors of member organizations
- Volunteer Coordinator Network Meetings
- Networking opportunities and collective support for program managers and volunteer coordinators of member organizations
Human Resources Support – One on one assistance from our expert and resources to help meet your organization’s needs.
Interim Management – Short-term support of your organization through an interim management team to meet your goals and increase organizational effectiveness
Connect with volunteers in our community!
Access to our online Volunteer Portal
- FREE listing of volunteer opportunities at gpvsb.volunteerattract.com
- Allows members to manage and update their volunteer opportunities as required
Volunteer Recognition Awards
- Leaders of Tomorrow Awards presented by ATCO
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Corporate Volunteer of the Year Award
- Outstanding Citizens Awards
Volunteer Appreciation Events
- National Volunteer
- International Volunteer Day
Volunteer Recognition Programs
- Tim Hortons Volunteer of the Week
- Tim Hortons Volunteer of the Month
- Opportunity to showcase your organization and attract and connect with volunteers
Save money for your organization!
FREE Use of Meeting Rooms
- Three (3) board rooms and one (1) classroom
- After-hours access available
- Meeting rooms are equipped with a computer and projector or flat screen TV. Just bring your USB!
FREE Use of Presentation Equipment
- Equipment includes projectors, laptops, screens, karaoke machine and more
- $20.00 deposit required for use of presentation equipment
FREE Loan of Library Resources
- Loan of books and resources on various volunteer and non-profit related topics
- Access to online member resource library at volunteergp.com/services/resources
AFFORDABLE Printing and Copying
- Printing and copying service invoiced to you as you need it
- B&W and colour printing and copying available
- FREE Access to Adobe Acrobat Pro & High-Volume Scanning
- Fully unlocked suite of Adobe Acrobat functionality
- Access to multi-page set up for large applications
- High volume scanner to make scanning large documents simple and easy
FREE use of Mailing Address and Mail Collection
- Ability to use our mailing address in lieu of a PO Box if your organization has no set address
- Secure mail collection at our office for pick up at your convenience
PROMOTION AND ADVERTISING
Share your events and make connections!
Meet Me at the Mall
- Members receive a half day promotional spot in the centre court at Prairie Mall twice a year to highlight their agencies
Promotion of Member Events
- Events listed on the Association’s Community Calendar at www.volunteergrandeprairie.com/events
- Social Media Network Promotions
- Promotion of your events on our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Tumblr pages. (Reach of over 9,000 across all platforms)
FREE Membership Profile
- Logo and link to your website on the “Our Members” section of our website
- Highlight of your organization in our Member Spotlight which provides information about our outstanding members! Check out Member Spotlights at www.volunteergrandeprairie.com/membership/spotlights