The Leaders of Tomorrow Awards presented by the Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations, honour outstanding young Leaders in Grande Prairie and the surrounding area. These awards are presented to youth in two age categories, Junior (13-15 years) and Senior (16-18 years). These youth exhibit dedication and excellence in their fields of volunteer work (e.g. school, community, social activism, athletics or arts) and inspire the spirit of volunteerism in others.
The Awards are presented at the Annual Volunteer Awards Ceremony, celebrating International Volunteer Day on December 5th, 2022. The Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations will notify award winners prior to presentation.
It’s time to recognize and celebrate the young trailblazers dedicated to creating a better future through their unwavering commitment.
Whether they inspire through leadership, lending a helping hand, raising their voices for causes, or showing unyielding perseverance, we want to hear about these outstanding youths. Nominate a remarkable individual aged 13-15 or 16-18 who embodies qualities like fearlessness, inclusion, creativity, and passion in one of our award categories:
- Leadership: youth who take on a leadership role to bring about positive change to their school or community.
- Volunteering: youth whose civic engagement enriches lives and builds community resiliency.
- Advocacy: youth who commit time and energy lending their voice to a cause to bring about social change.
- Perseverance: youth who have prevailed over adversity or an obstacle in their life to help others.
Let’s recognize and empower our youth to keep inspiring and fostering volunteerism in our community!
Who can be nominated for the Leaders of Tomorrow Award?
- Nominee must be between the ages of 13 to 18
- Nominee must be actively engaged in volunteering (school, community etc.)
- Nominee must reside in the Grande Prairie region.
Who can nominate an individual for the Leaders of Tomorrow Award?
- Individuals, community groups, educational institutions, and voluntary organizations are all invited to nominate youth who deserve recognition for their commitment and leadership in assisting others.
- The nominator & nominee must reside in Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations’ Service Area (from Grande Prairie to Grande Cache, the B.C. Border, Grimshaw and Valleyview)
How do you nominate?
- Complete all sections of the nomination form.
- Have the nominee’s parent or guardian sign the form (if nominee is under the age of 18).
- Be sure to let the nominee know why you nominated them and that the committee may contact them for additional information
- Submit nomination form to the Grande Prairie Regional Association of Volunteer Organizations by Friday, October 9th, 2023.
Who do I call if I have questions?
- Call 780-538-2727 or email email@example.com
The Awards are presented at the Annual International Volunteer Day Celebration Breakfast on December 5th, 2023.